What You Will Get
Elevate your practicing beyond quarter or eighth notes to a metronome
Possibly the most fundamental and important skill of any musician is their sense of time and rhythm. In this rich collection of exercises, audio files, and ideas, I break down the study of rhythm into the categories of Metronomic, Groove, and Phrase.
Fully addressing each category, the book guides the reader /performer through an ever broadening journey starting with self discovery of their own rhythmic acuity and ending with an analysis and challenge of performing connecting phrases defining a rhythmically musical whole.
Within this work, you will discover:
- An accurate assessment of your own rhythmic sensibilities
- Beneficial and more enjoyable ways to play with a metronome
- A method for strengthening your performance skills in reacting to the rhythms around you
- Effective ways to model favorite players in order to develop a more musical feel to your playing
- A new way to think about the rhythm and pace of improvisation
- By recording and practicing excellence, how you’ll gain the most from this book